Student Scholars Program
To best guide and encourage students toward and prepare them for successful careers in radio, 229 college undergraduate and graduate students will be awarded registration scholarships to attend the NAB Education Foundation (NABEF)/Broadcast Education Association (BEA) Career Fair and Student Scholars Orientation on Tuesday, September 20 and the 2016 Radio Show in Nashville, September 21 – 23. Thanks to the support of 28 radio groups and associate businesses, students will attend the career fair, conference orientation and a series of special networking events, entertainment and educational content geared towards students. In addition, the students will be able to participate in the conference’s management, programming, sales, marketing, advertising, research, legal, technology and young professionals sessions.
Students selected to the Radio Show Student Scholars Program will receive:
- Complimentary Radio Show registration. The scholarship covers the cost of registration only; travel and hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the student receiving the scholarship.
- Invitations to pre-conference activities including: NABEF/BEA Career Fair, Radio Show Scholars Orientation, “mock-tail” networking reception and radio group executives panel.
- Mentoring opportunities at the conference.
- Access to networking opportunities and special events, such as the Radio Show Kick-Off Party, Radio Show Luncheon, Marketplace Mixer, Advertiser Breakfast, Lunch in the Marketplace, Music and Mimosas and Closing Send-Off, along with some great entertainment and educational sessions at the conference.
- Announcement and promotion of the Radio Show Scholars will take place before, during and after the conference, providing exposure for the scholars selected.
Click the button below to apply to be a part of the 2016 Radio Show Scholars program:
Thanks to the radio broadcasting partners underwriting the Radio Show Student Scholars program: